Scope of work
1. You will regularly correspond with the PRS Dehradun to report to her in a prescribed reporting format on a daily or weekly basis via email, one-on-one for assistance with training, troubleshooting, and ensuring that the peer review websites are functioning effectively for each individual journal.
2. Based at the Dehradun branch of the SAGE India office, the Peer Review Associate will oversee the peer review process of select journals from manuscript submission through export to SAGE Production using SAGE Peer Review, SAGE’s online peer review system.
3. You will be expected to maintain high quality communication and excellent relationships with journal editors, associate editors (if applicable), authors, reviewers, and other SAGE staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Manage and maintain the administrative process of selected SAGE journals through SAGE Peer Review sites.
2. Work together with various contacts in the SAGE India Offices (i.e. editorial, marketing, production, etc.) to utilize the SPR sites and facilitate the growth and progress of each journal that is assigned to you.
3. Maintain positive work relationships and top-quality communication with journal editors, associate editors, authors, reviewers, and SAGE staff throughout the world.
4. Maintain editorial knowledge and proficiency.
Job Functions and Responsibility:
Peer Review Responsibilities
1. Check submitted manuscripts in through SAGE Peer Review by ensuring that they conform to the submission criteria and are ready for the peer review process.
2. Invite, assign, and assist reviewers who need to complete their reviews through SPR site.
3. Follow up with editors, associate editors (if applicable), reviewers and authors who have not completed their tasks by the deadline defined in SPR.
4. Ensure that authors of accepted manuscripts complete and submit the electronic contributor form through SPR site.
5. Check accepted manuscripts to ensure that all the necessary components are present and ready for the SAGE Production team prior to export. This includes, but is not limited to, checking manuscripts to ensure that author contact information is up to date, all files are in an editable electronic format, permissions for copyrighted material are collected, and references conform to the appropriate style (APA, Chicago, ASA, AMA, CSE, etc.).
6. Export accepted manuscripts from SAGE Peer Review to the SAGE Production Editor no later than the article deadlines, as defined by the SAGE Production Editor.
7. Respond to queries from journal editors, associate editors (if applicable), authors, reviewers, and SAGE staff.
8. Maintain the SAGE Peer Review email templates and periodically update the email templates to suit the needs of the individual journal.
9. On those of your journals with ‘Editorial Assistant’ support, you will be responsible for the overall peer review health of the journal including troubleshooting on the sites, managing editor relationships (both Journal Editors and Associate Editors where applicable), follow-ups with various constituents, providing guidance to the Editorial Assistant, and be a first point of escalation for the ‘Editorial Assistant’ queries.
Filling up and maintaining the Daily Tracker for all tasks that you are working on.
10. Periodically run reports out of SAGE Peer Review as directed by supervisor.
11. Ensuring that the overdue task report that the PRS circulates is populated with the comments for your journals each week before the meeting.
12. Troubleshoot to ensure that each SAGE Peer Review site is functioning properly.
13. Keep SPR sites up-to-date and in line with global initiatives and standards.
1. Handle submissions based on the numbers mentioned in the yearly WAP following the successful completion of your training, which will be transitioned to you in a phased manner.
1. Communicate in a professional and personable manner with editors, associate editors (if applicable), authors, reviewers, and other SAGE staff on any issues concerning their journal.
2. Problem solve on issues involving the journal as required.
3. Closely monitor manuscript progress as manuscripts move through the steps of the peer-review process.
4. Please forward your supervisor any communication that you receive from editors/authors that is tense or volatile in nature, also, please feel free to send your supervisor any positive words and praise you receive from editors and authors.
Salary in hand:
About Sage Publications:
SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 1000 journals and over 800 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. It's growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. Its principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne.